Wednesday 13 January 2016

Autodesk Homestyler it's so easy your kids will show you how !




Last year I visited my daughter's secondary school to give a talk to some of the upper 6 classes about Autodesk, what we do, and how we can help any future designers to realise their Innovations through our software and tools.

One of the tools I showed was Autodesk Homestyler  a really cool app that allows you to express your creativity, find inspiration, and make smarter home design choices. Now I must admit I'm not an expert ! I showed a quick demo and then went onto to show Autodesk PLM 360, Fusion 360  and a few more..

Towards the end of 2015 My daughter got her first iPhone and she asked me to put some of the Autodesk apps on it. As an experiment I thought she could help me to layout our new kitchen design



So I left her a few days thinking that she should get bored! If you have kids you know how quickly they go through apps/games and want a new one to play with !

But to my surprise, the app had gone viral at her school and all her friends were using it (not in class time you understand!)

"Dad this is easy look what we have done..!"













"WOW ! impressive (abit to much pink form me !) must be easy to use, can you do our Kitchen..."

Below is what she came up within the first couple of hours !









Ok so we did not go for the black units ! 

The rest of the layout looked great, you can see the finished kitchen below.





Go check out this amazing tool, it's available online, AppStore or Google Play If you get stuck ask your kids !!

Thanks for reading...

Mike



No comments: